A Microgrid modeling software allows the exchange of energy between prosumers. The microgrid modeling software examines and visualizes energy usage and effectiveness of energy usage in the microgrid community, providing a simple operation to ensure each household is part of the microgrid system.
The microgrid modeling software brings an immediate productivity gain by reducing to a minimum the amount of manual work required at each step in a microgrid operation. As a microgrid needs identified electrical boundaries, it is now possible to define a Microgrid Zone using microgrid modeling software.
The IEEE Standard for the Specific Microgrid Controllers defines Microgrid modeling and analysis as a system of grid-connected or isolated microgrids.
Optimization, Simulation and Sensitivity Analysis of Microgrid Modelling Systems
An ideal microgrid modeling software provides a detailed, timely optimization and simulation in a model that is easy and simple to use. It is adaptable to a wide range of projects. For a large community, a power system can model economic and technical factors involved in the power setup. A good microgrid system should provide an important overview that compares the feasibility of configurations and the cost, and this is where specialized software comes into play.
Capabilities of a great microgrid modeling system
- Detailed modeling of grid-forming DERs such as isochronous and droop control modes, considering their operational and physical limits.
- A customizable load shedding and the curtailing algorithm are embedded into the power flow solver for islanded simulations where the load offsets the available generation of power.
- The ability to perform unbalanced power flows, time-series simulations, short circuit analysis for islanded and grid-connected microgrids.
Benefits of choosing the best microgrid modeling software
- Helps customers in the fast-growing microgrid and distributed energy market maximize energy efficiency.
- Optimize EV charging stations.
- Stack values to increase return on investment.
- Allows for exploration of combined power and heat.
- Reduce carbon emissions.
- Maximize savings on power consumption
- Accelerate the adoption of renewable and distributed energy sources.