Critical illness: What is it?
The word “critical illness” or “dread disease” refers to a condition that is included on a specified list as part of an insurance policy. When a policyholder is diagnosed with one of the above ailments, a critical illness insurance is contracted to them and a lump sum cash payout is provided.
It is also referred to as critical illness insurance. The company guarantees the covering of all costs paid if a person is experiencing serious medical conditions, and it provides a list of important illnesses covered. This cover has been specifically created to provide benefits of health insurance against a number of illnesses or diseases that pose a serious risk to life.
Therefore, it would be wise to supplement your health insurance plans with a critical sickness cover or insurance. The list of major illnesses for which the corporation considerably provides to pay the patient’s medical bills is provided below.
These are the 36 serious illnesses:
- Chest pain
- Replacement of the heart valve due to bodily anomalies or flaws.
- Aorta surgery utilising a thoracotomy or laparotomy.
- Renal failure
- A significant organ transplant, such as a heart, kidney, lung, liver, or bone marrow
- Massive liver necrosis brought on by a virus, known as fulminant viral hepatitis, has the potential to induce liver failure.
- A number of sclerosis
- Papillary Arterial Hypertension in Children
- Paraplegia, commonly known as paralysis with the total and irreversible loss of one or more limbs
- Total or permanent deafness
- Total or permanent blindness
- Permanent speech impairment
- Parkinson’s illness
- Alzheimer’s disease or a degenerative brain disorder
- Severe burns or third-degree burns that cover at least 20% of the body’s surface
- Terminal disease
- A motor neuron condition
- Persistent lung disease
- Persistent liver disease
- A severe brain injury
- Muscle wasting
- Anemia is caused by chronic, persistent bone marrow failure.
- Harmless brain tumour
- Bacterial meningitis caused by inflammation of the spinal cord or brain membranes
- Brain surgery or a cranotomy
- AIDS acquired by medical personnel, which is brought on by an accident or exposure to infected blood
- If the sufferer developed AIDS after receiving infected blood during a blood transfusion
- Apallic syndrome, or general brain cortex necrosis
- Other serious coronary heart diseases which are caused by the narrowing of the lumen of the three major arteries- the Circumflex, RCA (right coronary artery), LAD (Left Anterior Descending artery.
The critical sickness insurance category includes the conditions stated above. If the individual wants to make a claim for this insurance, they must, as required, have their diseases confirmed through blood tests, an MRI, or a CT scan. It must be carried out under the direction of a licensed medical expert. Transparency is a necessity in all of these processes. In this case, it is crucial to reveal any current ailment, deficit, or disorder the person may have at that moment.
- Critical illness: What is it?
The seriousness of a person’s health condition is related to critical illness. Due to the significant expense of the major sickness, the person’s lifestyle is here affected.
- What exactly is critical illness coverage?
It is a product that pays out a lump sum of money to the policyholder in the event of any of the major illnesses on the policy’s predetermined list. Additionally, special health insurance plans such health insurance with cancer or heart attack provides additional protection against medical problems like cancer and heart attacks.
- What advantages do health insurance policies offer?
The many advantages of health insurance plans include the fact that they provide the best protection for medical concerns, with the firm paying for all costs for the patient’s pre- and post-hospitalization as well as for cashless treatment.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company YouTube Channel.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.