We spend a lot of time building the perfect wardrobe. The same amount of time and thought must be invested in taking good care of your clothing. But, when it comes to taking care of your clothing, you must decide whether to choose dry cleaning or regular laundering for their favorite piece of clothing. If you look at the care label sewn inside your clothes, you’ll find a wealth of information including the fiber content of the fabric, where the garment is made, and how to properly clean it. If you are confused, we’ve listed a few tips to determine the right method of cleaning for your garments.
Laundry or Dry clean
Did you know the care label, type of fabric, and the way the garment is constructed can help you decide on how it should be cleaned?
If you are new to laundry and don’t know what to do when a piece of clothing is named as ‘dry-clean only,’ here are a few tips to find out when to take your garment to a professional dry cleaning company.
- Spots and stains on the garment that you don’t know how to treat.
- Garments made from fabrics like acetate, triacetate, and rayon, can shrink or become misshapen in water, even if they can be hand washed with cold water.
- If your garment has got a special finish, dry cleaning will help them hold their shape for a long time.
- If the garment is structured or tailored like a coat or suit jacket.
- Water can strip the natural oils and ruin the finish if the garment is made with or contains leather or suede.
- Dry cleaning is a preferable choice for dresses made of fabric that transfer dye when it gets wet. Test it by wetting a cotton swab with plain water and rub it on an inside seam or hem.
- You can also opt for dry cleaning if you are not familiar with the fiber that the garment is made of.
- Sometimes, the laundry mishaps cannot be reversed, and if you think you are going to ruin your expensive or special garment, you can send it for dry cleaning.
- If you are going to sell your wedding dress or want to preserve it for the future, opt for wedding dress dry cleaning.
Professional Laundry Services
If you feel that at-home laundering is never satisfactory, you can choose professional laundry stain removal services to wash your clothes properly. They choose the right method to clean the clothes and take the necessary method to get rid of the stains. They also ensure that every cloth going outside of their facility is properly sanitized.