We can all agree that having an ATM in your store is an appealing and effective way to bring more potential customers inside. That way, you will be able to take a percentage from a machine, and people with cash are more likely to buy something from you as a result.
The main idea is to conduct research that will help you determine which type and model of automatic teller machine you wish to get. Generally, you can choose either anew or used model, lease, or purchase, depending on your financial situation and preferences.
Even though you will be able to buy atm’s here, it is crucial to conduct comprehensive research so that you can find the model that will meet your needs.
All options come with particular advantages and disadvantages, which is why you should stay with us to learn more about them.
The first question you should ask yourself is whether you should get a used or new ATM.
Let us start from the beginning.
Tips for Finding a Used ATM
- Compliance – One of the most important factors when buying an ATM is to choose the one that will meet the current standards and preferences. Therefore, it has to be ADA compliant, which is an important consideration that you should understand beforehand. This particular compliance means that the machine should be 48″ off the ground max, and it should feature a headphone jack. At the same time, it should be EMV upgradeable. Even though most used ones do not come with this particular feature, you should check out whether you can upgrade it afterward. You should click here to learn more about ADA compliance in general.
- Research Beforehand – Remember that standards of automated teller machines tend to change due to technological advancements, which is why you should find the one that willprovide your customers with both safety and convenience. Each year comes with different models and different features, but you should check out whether you can upgrade the modelyou are buying or not. For instance, if you need to pay a thousand dollars for the upgrade, it is much better to save money to get a new one instead. That is the main reason why you should know what you are buying before you do it.
- Condition and Age – Even though you will not be able to judge a book by its covers in most situations when it comes to ATMs, this particular rule does not apply. The used ones can be worn out; the keyboard can be faulty, which does not provide the feeling of safety and security to people that using them.
Should You Lease or Buy an Automated Teller Machine
- Upfront Expenses – When it comes to leasing, it is a much more affordable solution compared with buying a new machine. The upfront costs tend to depend on the model you wish to get, but generally, it is not too expensive. On the other hand, if you wish to buy a new one, you need to spare at least a thousand dollars for a basic and used model, while new ones are approximately ten thousand and above depending on the features you wish to get. Of course, the latest models come with additional features and enhancements compared with old ones, including accessibility functions for people with hearing impairments and disabilities as well as touchscreen displays.
- Latest Models – Another important consideration when choosing whether you should lease or purchase an ATM is whether you should get the new one or the basic one. The appearance is one of the most important factors because old models do not look as secure as new ones, which will affect the number of customers that will use them. Besides, old models leave the impression that they charge higher fees and that they are less reliable than the ones that have large displays and touchscreen features.Leasing will provide you the flexibility to find the best model possible and upgrade it in the future. Buying is a definite solution, which means that you need to re-sell it in case you wish to get the upgrade.
- Maintenance – If you purchase an ATM, you will have to handle the maintenance by yourself. In case you wish to become an ATM technician, you should enter this site: https://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-ATM-Technician to learn more about it.At the same time, if you get a used model, it means that you will need to repair it more often. On the other hand, leasing comes with the ability to get the proper maintenance from a provider, which is beneficial and helpful, among other things.